Monday, April 20, 2009

I wanted to just quickly say something about what happened at our church last night; Dennis Jernigan was there and lead in worship for the services and God ministered to me as well as so many others, so I wanted to share my thoughts! If you don't know Dennis' testimony, it would be good for you to look at his website, because the power of God is moving through this man's life bringing glory to the Father! During the service he was asking people to stand if they were struggling in different areas of life, you know the normal ones, such as grief over the lost of a loved one, or lost of a certain relationship, but I couldn't believe he asked if you are grieving over the lost of a vision or a dream stand so we can pray over you! I immediately stood as if called out specifically by name. That's what is happening to me, I am grieving the lost of a vision and a dream, and I am fighting my way through it, seeking the deliverance of God from my sorrow! My thought is; is it sorrow, or self pity?

I know that nothing happens by chance, God's hand is in every area of my life, growing me to be who He created me to be. Sometimes though leaving behind what is good and comforting is like slowly dying, or it seems. I understand how people get to a place in life when you are so concentrated on yourself that depression sets in. To put this altogether, I have to tell you that when my mother in law recently died I was comforting the family with the fact that life and death are apart of our earthly existence, so it comes as no surprise when a loved one dies. Now God is reminding me that the same is true within our living existence, changes happen, death of dreams happen and life goes on! I think I am sounding a bit morbid here huh? But the things in our journey that occur are not always uplifting at the moment, as a matter of fact these are the times when if responding correctly to the sovereignty of God you turn full faced to the Father seeking Him more completely to be your all in all! So that was the encouragement for me last night, to grieve the loss of a dream and move on, not holding to tightly to anything! Hear the words of my anthem again; "On Christ the solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand"! Turn toward Him and be encouraged today and think about it....

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very contemplative. I will pray that God will either resurrect your dream/vision or give you an enirely new and better one. That's just the kind of God we serve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good point Mark, that encourages me again, resurrection, isn't that just like Him to resurrect! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete